For over 100 years there has been Christian worship in this site,
The deed of consecration of the present church records that the lord bishop of Brisbane, the Right reverand William Thomas Thornhill Webber, D.D., having received a petition from the reverend Edward Lister Salisbury, rectoro of the parish of Yandilla, Francis Arthur Gore, Robert William Gore and Gerard Ralph Gore, declared this church to be concecrated and set apart for ever for the worship of almighty God. According to the rites of the church of England on the 15th day of november 1887. It was dedicated as the church of All Saints, Yandilla, together with burial ground, which the bishop also declared to be consecrated to the burial of the dead for ever.
From Yandilla's erarliest days, the members of the Gore family were devoted and generous benefactors of the church of England in this district. Historic Yandilla station was taken up by the brothers STGeorge Richard and Ralph Thomas Gore in 1841.
This plaque was unveiled by their great-grand-nephew, John Gerard Trude on Saturday 29 May 1965 and was the gift of the Queensland Women's Historical Society.
Yandilla All Saints Anglican Church with Cemetery
All the headstone photos in
Yandilla All Saints Church
Names in photographed order.
Names in alphabetical order.
Latitude -27.828001666666, Longitude 151.350901666666
Latitude -27° 49’ 41", Longitude 151° 21’ 3"
or GoogleEarth map application for Yandilla All Saints Church. (What's this?)
All the cemeteries
© Copyright 1996-2020 Kerry Raymond and David Horton