ChristmasCreek SacredHeart Memorial Inscriptions



Sacred Heart, Christmas Creek


Address: Christmas Creek Road, Beaudesert
Opened: approx. 1918
# graves: 177

Christmas Creek Catholic Church

The Catholic Church at Christmas Creek has been known as both the Sacred Heart and Saint Joseph's during its long history. The three acre block on which the church stands was donated by Mr Michael Cahill of "Kildare" in April, 1901. The timber was donated by Cahill Brothers and the local parishioners supplied the labour. Archbishop Duhig consecrated the cemetery in the church grounds on 4th June, 1918. The church was enlarged some thirty (30) years after it was originally opened to include a Sanctuary and Sacristy. A porch was also added.
More information about
Christmas Creek (Sacred Heart)
South Beaudesert Tourist Drive
Monument to Chinese Shepherds and Aborigines

Photographed: 6 Nov 2005


Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the photos,
Names in alphabetical order,
All the cemeteries