Yandina Cemetery (formerly Maroochy General Cemetery)


Address: 33 Cnr Cordwell Road and Central Park Drive, Yandina
Opened: 1882
# graves: 500

(from notice at entrance)
The entrance to Yandina Cemetery was restored in May 2001 as a project of the Yandina and district Historical Society, sponsored by Maroochy Shire Council.
History:- In November 1881 William Fryar surveyed 4 acres of Crown Land for a cemetery south of Yandina. Maroochy General Cemetery was proclaimed in the QGG in 1882 and was managed by Trustees for the community.
Maroochy Shire Council took control of the cemetery in 1956 and has continued the responsibility until the present. The name change possibly occurred in 1956.
The earliest recorded burial is James Low in 1883. Other early pioneering families represented here are Dyne, Sommer, Stevens, Chambers, Browne, Galt and Best.`

More information about
Interment.net - Yandina
Australian Cemeteries Index - Yandina General
Sunshine Coast Regional Council - cemeteries
Find-a-grave: Yandina General Cemetery
Billiongraves: Yandina
Gravestone Photographic Resource or Gravestone Photographic Resource
Stories from Early Nambour
Yandina History (links)
House next to Yandina Cemetery
Google maps reference

Photographed: Jun 2010


Select images from the left. Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the headstone photos in Yandina
Latitude -26.57189150001381, Longitude 152.9567869999378
Latitude -26° 34’ 19", Longitude 152° 57’ 24"

GoogleMap or GoogleEarth map application for Yandina. (What's this?)
All the cemeteries
© Copyright 1996-2022 Kerry Raymond and David Horton