This site originally included an Apostolic
Church which was relocated to this site
around 1906 from Noffke s farm at Loganlea.
The land at Tygum was donated by Hilda
Spann who lived on the adjacent site. Pastor
Sempf administered the church. The
graveyard evolved alongside the church. Graves date to 1906. There are at
least 21 graves on site although only eight have been formally identified.
The church was destroyed by the 1936 tornado, and rebuilt on site. It was
removed to Ipswich in 1949.
[Sources: Logan City Council]
More information about
Rhonda May Demarco's transcriptions 2002
Tygum Apostolic (Pioneer) Cemetery
Logan City Cemeteries
Logan - final resting places.
History of Waterford
Site of the first Apostolic Church at Bethania, December 1993 and photo
A Brief History of Logan
Photographed: 28 May 2005
Names in cemetery order
Names in alphabetical order
Select images from the left.