Samsonvale Memorial Inscriptions



Samsonvale Cemetery, Pine Rivers


Address: Gold's Scrub Lane, Pine Rivers. (Between Samford and Dayboro)
Opened: 8 Apr 1911 (gazetted), 1 Apr 1912 (first burial)
# graves: 150-200 (includes memorial plaques)

Adjacent to the site of the old Presbyterian Church. The church was built in 1884 on land donated by the GOLD family.It closed in 1969(?) and was eventually demolished in 1973 after acquisition by the water board which controls nearby North Pine Dam. Prior to this, a church operated from the provisional school from 1875.
More information about
Dayboro Cemetery and Samsonvale Cemetery
Samford Historical Museum Society and
Samford Historical Museum
Bunya, Dayboro, Lawnton, Samford & Samsonvale Cemeteries: MIs (available at QFHS)
Pine Rivers Cemeteries
Samsonvale Run
Samford and Dayboro day trip
Moreton Bay Region Cemeteries Database
See also "In loving Memory of: the History of burials in the Pine Rivers Shire", Melva A Welch, Pine Rivers Shire Council. This excellent book contains burial registers, trustee lists as well as history.

In 1988 the local Community Group organised for a QIT Landscape Architectural student to do a thesis on the conservation of the Samsonvale Cemetery. He prepared a very detailed document that provided a great deal of imformation about the cemetery, the history of the area and the people buried in the cemetery at that stage. There is a copy in the Pine Rivers Shire Council Library. Details shown below.

Item Information Catalog Record 
CONSERVATION MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR SAMSONVALE HISTORIC CEMETERY
Apelt, R. J. 

Publisher:      Brisbane: G.D.L.A. QIT.
Pub date:       1988   
Copy info:      1 copy available at Strathpine Library.
        Copy    Material        Location       
LH929.5 APE     1       Local Studies   On shelf       

Photographed: 7 Jan 2007


Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the photos,
Names in alphabetical order,
All the cemeteries