Named after Peter McLean (note spelling).
Munruben was original name of district.
The North Maclean Cemetery is situated on part of
James Scotts property Ratha on Scott Lane, North
Maclean and almost all the Scott family for several
generations are buried there.
Pioneers honoured in new names for rail overbridges
A tour of north-west Beaudesert Shire :- Maclean Cemetery is steeped in history with the oldest headstone being that of a Henry Thurlow dated 29 December, 1904. The land was donated by the Brennan Family and was held in trusteeship by Reginald McTaggart, John Henry White, William Milo Eaton, Elijah Tyson Wilson and Francis Ambrose Parsons. Following the death of three of the trustees and subsequent resignation of the remaining two, new trustess, being Albert John Humphrey, Darcy Clarence Edmunds, Kermit Clive Wynne, Cecil Richard Wynne and Raymond Spencer took over the responsibility in 1976. These trustees handed over Maclean Cemetery to Beaudesert Shire Council as trustee in 1985.
Address also given as Scotts Rd, Jimboomba (Greenbank)
Photographed: 26 Feb 2006
Names in cemetery order
Names in alphabetical order
Select images from the left.
or GoogleEarth map application for Maclean, Beaudesert. (What's this?)