An Historic Cemetery
Back to Photos
- This site was dedicated as a cemetery when Volney Grenier aged 16 years
was killed in a fall from his horse during a fox hunt on 26th October 1859.
- His grieving parents Thomas & Mary Grenier buried him
on this site and divided off 3/4 acre of land from their property
as a family cemetery.
- Over the years the Grenier family gave permission for other local
pioneers to bury their loved ones here also.
The last burial was Miss Olive Grenier 16th July 1980.
- The Cemetery is maintained by F.A.C. and Gods Acre Restoration
- A day of Remembrance held here on the last Sunday of June each year.