Coleyville Cemetery, Boonah Shire
Address: Coleyville Cemetery Road, Coleyville, Boonah
off Mutdapilly-Coleyville road, just north of intersection with Roseville - Warrill View road)
Opened: approx. 1867
# graves: ~100
The area was on the Rosebrook Station land.
George Thorn donated one acre of his land for the german baptists to have a church and cemetery on 23 apr 1867.
A slab church built 11 May 1868.
In 1909 new baptist church built further up the road.
Many years later this church became a private residence. This former Baptist church was located on the opposite side of the road to the Gospel Hall and a little closer to the cemetery. An old photo is held at the Genealogical Society of Queensland. Ref GSQ QLD 820 340.
The Coleyville Baptist Church celebrated its centenary on 11 May 1968, but was closed soon after.
The cemetery was never officially gazetted as a reserve, so local families became trustees. both the burial records and maintenance have been handed down generation to generation.
Coleyville: named after early settler Philomen Coley who arrived in the district in 1866 and later settled
permanently in the Coleyville area.
More information about
German Baptist Churches in Queensland and the German Baptist Conference
Harrisville & District
Naming of Ipswich
Cemetery Locations in Boonah Shire
Scenic Rim Regional Council managed cemeteries
Scenic Rim Regional Council - Cemeteries
An Account of the German Baptist Church History in Queensland
Photographed: 9 April 2006
Names in cemetery order
Names in alphabetical order
Select images from the left.
Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.