Coleyville Boonah Memorial Inscriptions



Coleyville Cemetery, Boonah Shire


Address: Coleyville Cemetery Road, Coleyville, Boonah
off Mutdapilly-Coleyville road, just north of intersection with Roseville - Warrill View road)
Opened: approx. 1867
# graves:
The area was on the Rosebrook Station land.
George Thorn donated one acre of his land for the german baptists to have a church and cemetery on 23 apr 1867. A slab church built 11 May 1868. In 1909 new baptist church built further up the road. many years later this church became a private residence. (An old photo indicates it is this building. Ref GSQ QLD 820 340.
The cemetery was never officially gazetted as a reserve, so local families became trustees. both the burial records and maintenance have been handed down generation to generation.

Coleyville: named after early settler Philomen Coley who arrived in the district in 1866 and later settled permanently in the Coleyville area.

More information about
German Baptist Churches in Queensland and the German Baptist Conference
Harrisville & District
Naming of Ipswich
Cemetery Locations in Boonah Shire

Photographed: 9 April 2006


Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the photos,
Names in alphabetical order,
All the cemeteries