The foundation stone for this gothic style church was laid in 1867. It was built of limestone by ticket-of-leave convict labour and opened for worship in 1870. Many of Greenough's early settlers were members of the strong Wesleyan community led by the Waldecks, who lived at nearby Mt Pleasant.
Built 1913. A single storey stone structure in Federation Gothic style.
Built by Joseph Bolwan in 1872.
Consecrated by Bishop Hale, 27 July 1873
The first resident minister for Greenough was archdeacon Watkins.
It was the first purpose-built Anglican church in the district.
The land was given by William Stokes of South Greenough who with John Milton did all the carpentry. They also made the pews and desks, helped by James Rumble.
Photographed: Sep 2009
Select images from the left.