Sacred Heart, Christmas Creek
Address: Christmas Creek Road, Beaudesert
Opened: approx. 1918
Christmas Creek Catholic Church
The Catholic Church at Christmas Creek has been known as both the Sacred Heart and
Saint Joseph's during its long history. The three acre block on which the church stands
was donated by Mr Michael Cahill of "Kildare" in April, 1901. The timber was donated by
Cahill Brothers and the local parishioners supplied the labour. Archbishop Duhig
consecrated the cemetery in the church grounds on 4th June, 1918. The church was enlarged
some thirty (30) years after it was originally opened to include a Sanctuary and Sacristy. A
porch was also added.
More information about
Christmas Creek (Sacred Heart)
South Beaudesert Tourist Drive
Monument to Chinese Shepherds and Aborigines
Photographed: 6 Nov 2005
Select images from the left.
Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.