Sacred Heart, Christmas Creek


Address: Christmas Creek Road, Beaudesert
Opened: approx. 1918
# graves: 177

Christmas Creek Catholic Church

The Catholic Church at Christmas Creek has been known as both the Sacred Heart and Saint Joseph's during its long history. The three acre block on which the church stands was donated by Mr Michael Cahill of "Kildare" in April, 1901. The timber was donated by Cahill Brothers and the local parishioners supplied the labour. Archbishop Duhig consecrated the cemetery in the church grounds on 4th June, 1918. The church was enlarged some thirty (30) years after it was originally opened to include a Sanctuary and Sacristy. A porch was also added.
More information about
Christmas Creek (Sacred Heart)
South Beaudesert Tourist Drive
Monument to Chinese Shepherds and Aborigines
Scenic Rim Regional Council - Cemeteries

Photographed: 6 Nov 2005

Names in cemetery order
Names in alphabetical order


Select images from the left. Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the headstone photos in Sacred Heart, Christmas Creek
Names in photographed order.
Names in alphabetical order.
Latitude -28.19541540355322, Longitude 153.0054279783862
Latitude -28° 11’ 43", Longitude 153° 0’ 20"

GoogleMap or GoogleEarth map application for Sacred Heart, Christmas Creek. (What's this?)
All the cemeteries
© Copyright 1996-2024 Kerry Raymond and David Horton
`