Callandoon Pioneer Cemetery is located 19km west of Goondiwindi on the Barwon Highway and contains only six graves dating from 1876. Only two head stones now stand.
Callandoon once had a Post Office, Police Barracks, Goal and CPS Office and in 1848 native Police were recruited. In 1859 it was appointed a place for holding Courts of Petty Sessions.
(original waggamba.qld.gov.au/ text)