Caffey Memorial Inscriptions



Caffey cemetery, Gatton Shire


Also known in some records as Mount Sylvia
Address: Mt Sylvia Road, Caffey, South of Gatton
Opened: approx. ~1910
# graves: ~100

Probably named after ?????? Caffey (?) ( - ) pioneer selector.

More information about
Place names - Caffey

Photographed: 16 Apr 2006


Mount Sylvia and Left Hand Branch

According to transcriptions by Judy Webster 4-Sep-1982, Mt Sylvia cemetery is 7.3 km from Tent Hill Hotel on road to Mt Sylvia on east side of road seemingly adjacent to road as drawn in the map in the transcription book)
Opened: approx. 1895?

Mt Sylvia has hosted churches of a number of religions

School opened 10 Apr 1885

More information about
There is a book: A HISTORY OF LEFT HAND BRANCH AT MT. SYLVIA. S/C (K. Wit) Circa 1992. 155pp. A local history of this area situated in the Lockyer Valley. Ex lib. Clean. or at John Oxley
School Roll for Mount Sylvia State School
Name lists from St Patrick's Catholic


Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the photos,
Names in alphabetical order,
All the cemeteries