Bryden (formerly Deep Creek) Catholic cemetery, Esk Shire
Address: 2479 Wivenhoe-Somerset Dam Road, corner Corcorans Rd, Bryden District, Esk shire
Opened: before 1908 (relocated here when Wivenhoe dam was built in 1980s)
# graves: ~30
Small cemetery 100m west of road. Fenced and maintained, accessed
through cow paddock, or off Corcoran's road. The camatery is also known as St Ann's graveyard. The cemetery borders the remains of Castleholme Homestead.
More information about
Bryden church moved to Pine Mountain (near Ipswich).
Somerset Regional Council Cemetery Register
History of Bryden district (see here if link no longer working)
Elaine Smith's history of Bryden - Deep Creek Cemetery
Wivenhoe dam inundation
Conroys and Castleholme at Bryden
The Bryden area was originally known as Deep Creek from 1878 to 1917, then changed to avoid confusion as there was another Deep Creek in Queensland. (see here if link broken).
Historical map of Brisbane Valley
GSQ describe this cemetery as Bryden Catholic Cemetery
2.7 km N.W. of Bryden (behind Catholic Church, church no longer there)
Somerset Regional Council describe the location of the two Bryden cemeteries and the location of Bryden in the district.
Wikipedia - Castleholme Homestead in Bryden
Photographed: 15 Oct 2005
Names in cemetery order
Names in alphabetical order
Select images from the left.
Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.